In 1996, we set a management policy concerning RC, joined the Japan Responsible Care Council (current the Japan Chemical Industries Association (JCIA), the Responsible Care Committee), and started RC activities. In fiscal 2000, we started the environmental activity plan S-TEC, which set the intensive effort items and target values. We expanded the scope of the activity to domestic affiliates in fiscal 2004 and overseas affiliates in fiscal 2007 to engage in the environmental management. In 2014, we signed the Responsible Care Global Charter.
Management policies concerning responsible care（RC）
1. We will set continuance of accident-free/injury-free operation and harmony with the global environment as priority managerial issues.
2. We will thoroughly comply with laws and regulations in every aspect of business activities and cooperate in the measures implemented by authorities and international agreements.
3. We will put all our energy into continuous improvement of the environment and safety throughout the whole product lifecycle ranging from product development through manufacturing, physical distribution, use, and final consumption to disposal.
4. To reduce the environmental load, we will endeavor to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases and save energy and resources in the product development and manufacturing stages and will promote recycling, decrease of waste, and reduction of the emission of chemical substances.
5. We will not only provide products that can be used by customers with satisfaction and safety but also try to collect the latest information on product safety and provide customers with the collected information.
6. We will deepen our understanding and appreciation of conservation of biodiversity and promote activities with due consideration for biodiversity.c7. We will promote communications concerning environmental conservation activities with the concerned authorities and local community.
7. We will promote communications concerning environmental conservation activities with the concerned authorities and local community.
(Established on November 1, 1996; revised on August 6, 1999; revised on June 2, 2005; revised on November 30, 2009; revised on May 9, 2013)
Action Policy Concerning Kyoto Protocol
As a company based in the city of Kyoto where an international agreement (Kyoto Protocol) for global warming prevention was made, we acknowledge the activity for global warming prevention as an important managerial issue and proactively engage in the activities shown below.
1. We will design products by considering the minimization of the emissions of greenhouse gases throughout the lifecycle of our products.
2. In manufacturing and physical distribution, we will proactively incorporate the latest technologies to promote energy saving and work to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
3. We will instruct our employees to practice energy saving/resource saving that leads to global warming prevention in their private lives and will support those activities.
4. We will reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases through our own efforts and introduce emission reduction by means of greenhouse gas emission trading at home and abroad.
(Established on June 2, 2005; revised on June 8, 2006)
Action Policy Concerning Biodiversity
With the acknowledgement that business affects biodiversity, our group will deepen the understanding and acknowledgement of the preservation of biodiversity and promote our activities with consideration for biodiversity.
1. We will develop products in consideration of the environment and contribute to the preservation of biodiversity through the provision and diffusion of those products.
2. In the procurement of materials, raw materials, office supplies, and others, we will give consideration to the preservation of biodiversity.
3. We will reduce the environmental loads, such as the emissions of greenhouse gases, utilization of water resources, and release of chemical substances and waste, from the workplaces so as to alleviate their impact on biodiversity.
4. All of our employees will enhance the understanding and acknowledgement of biodiversity and try to enhance the awareness of the preservation of biodiversity.
5. We will promote efforts in cooperation with the local community.
(Established on May 9, 2013)
RC promotion system and its roles
In April 2020, we significantly reformed the organizational structure concerning responsible care promotion by integrating the safety-, quality-, and environment-related functions to newly establish the Responsible Care Division (RC Division) as an organization to manage and supervise those functions on a company-wide basis.
The four meeting bodies/committees of the RC Promotion Headquarters (mainly manages environment-related issues), Environmental and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters (mainly manages labor safety and security/accident prevention), PL Countermeasures Headquarters, and New Chemical Substance Examination Committee that had worked independently were integrated into the RC Division to undertake all of those activities.
The RC Division has three departments of Environmental and Safety Administration Department (newly established), Quality Administration Department (newly established), and Product Evaluation Department (transferred from Production Division), which share various activities required of the RC.
The company-wide meeting that had been held twice a year by the former RC Promotion Headquarters and former Environmental and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters was integrated into the company-wide RC promotion meeting. The activities of the working groups (WG) specialized in themes will be continued as is.
Concerning the environment management system (ISO 14001) that has been used as one of the RC activity promotion tools, we plan to stop the extension of its certification based on the judgment that we can sufficiently operate our own management system. Concerning the quality management system (ISO 9001), we will extend the certification.
The audit concerning RC will be undertaken by the Environmental and Safety Administration Department and Quality Administration Department of the RC Division, as well as the Technical Auditing Department of the Auditing Division, for the improvement of the management system.