April 25, 2005
Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), acknowledging that the protection of personal information in this advanced information and communications society is one of the most important corporate social responsibilities, will make efforts to protect personal information based on the following policy, in compliance with the laws for personal information protection and other relevant rules and regulations:
- The Company, when collecting personal information, will clarify the purposes of use and will obtain personal information to the extent necessary and in a legal and fair manner. The Company will not use personal information beyond the purposes of use so clarified without consent of an individual who provided such personal information.
- The Company will make efforts to maintain personal information to be accurate and updated. If an individual requests to disclose or correct his or her personal information or stop the use of such personal information, the Company will meet such request to the extent reasonable.
- The Company will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely maintain and prevent leakage, destruction or damage of personal information. The Company will also carry out necessary and appropriate supervision to its directors, officers, general employees and part-time employees (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Employees”) in order to safely maintain personal information.
- The Company will not provide personal information to any third party: provided, however, that the Company may provide personal information to its contractors or affiliates in its group. In this case, the Company will bear the responsibility of supervision to those contractors and affiliates in order to have protective measures against leakage of personal information taken.
- In order to practice this Policy, the Company has established “The Regulations for Personal Information Protection” and the Company will disseminate these regulations to the Employees, appoint an administrator for the protection of personal information and strive for the appropriate protection of personal information.